We have been advising landlords and tenants in all aspects of leases and leasehold land for many years and have an experienced and knowledgeable team of Partners available to assist both landlords and tenants.
The area of practice covered is very wide in that many issues can arise from the relationship of Landlord and Tenant. We are able to provide advice and assistance in all areas including the following:-
- Preparation, negotiation and approval of new leases, including renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act.
- Advising on commercial and residential leases, including long leases.
- The granting of Shared Ownership Leases.
- Preparation and approval of various licences required under leases including licences to assign, for alterations, and change of use.
- Representation in proceedings to enforce lease covenants including injunction proceedings.
- Representation in forfeiture of leases and claims for possession of both commercial and residential properties.
- Proceedings before the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal.
- Claims for possession of residential properties let on Assured or Assured Shorthold Tenancies, including advice and representation on claims for possession and/or injunction for anti-social behaviour.
This list only gives examples of common issues and we are confident that we will be able to provide our clients with the prompt and reliable assistance that they require in all of the many issues that can arise out of the relationship of landlord and tenant.