Protecting your Intellectual Property (IP) is essential for your business and can put you ahead of your competitors. IP falls into a number of categories, including the following:
- Trade Marks
- Patents and know how
- Trade Secrets
We have extensive experience of advising on IP in various contexts, including:
- Transactions – including buying and selling IP whether as part of a larger transaction or by way of an assignment.
- Protection – whether by way of a non-disclosure agreement or by registering rights where appropriate (trade marks, designs and patents).
- Disputes – including bringing or defending infringement claims and using ADR to settle such disputes.
- Commercialisation – licensing IP to a third party whether in the UK or internationally for commercial exploitation, including franchise and manufacturing agreements.
- Finance and Investment – including raising money for your creations and advising on the necessary agreements that you may be required to enter into.
We can also put you in touch with other experts to help with managing your IP, such as patent attorneys, insurance brokers and specialist accountants.
Our people with expertise in this service
Michael recently gave a seminar to Liverpool JMU Music Students entitled A Review and Practical Insight into Music Contracts. To read more – click this link