VACANCY – SOLICITOR (EMPLOYMENT)
Permanent / Full time (35 hours)
Market rate salary
Experience – minimum 3 years PQE
Established Solicitor with a following preferable but not essential
Discuss in confidence: Nicola Rowe (Practice Manager) – firstname.lastname@example.org / 0151 236 7171
This two office Liverpool/Wirral Commercial firm have an opportunity for an Employment Solicitor to work in their Liverpool office. This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody to lead the development of the department.
Applications are sought from qualified solicitors who have upwards of 3 years’ PQE or more gained in employment based proceedings in court, appeals and tribunals. Experience should be both claimant and respondent focussed and ideally should include contentious, advisory and corporate support, as well a non contentious experience including TUPE to support the Commercial team. The successful candidate must have an energetic personality, be comfortable in a client facing role with a passion to grow the department, with experience of hands on involvement in developing colleagues an advantage.
Job Function/Description (the list is not exhaustive)
- To manage caseload efficiently with minimal supervision and to process all tasks as delegated to you
- To progress cases to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients
- Action all cases in line with practice standards and protocols
- Use of the case management system wherever appropriate to maximise cost efficiency
- Utilise negotiation and communication skills to proactively settle/assist in the settlement of cases to the satisfaction of the client whilst further developing client base and departmental profile
- Analyse risk and utilise commercial knowledge and understanding to develop sound judgement in order to justify decisions in the management of cases
- Prioritise and organise work efficiently and effectively to ensure deadlines are met
- Understand the role in the context of the practice and proactively seek to increase contribution via the allocation of work
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload as dictated by the practice
- Interpret financial information to monitor your own performance against agreed targets ensuring there’s an ability to explain any differential
- Pro-actively support the ongoing development of department colleagues
- Essential previous experience of claimant and respondent contentious and non-contentious work, advisory and corporate support.
- Evidenced experience of proceedings in court, appeals and tribunals, TUPE, drafting contracts and handbooks.
- Previous operational experience of Proclaim an advantage with good operational IT skills
- To work closely with the Commercial team in terms of business development and cross referrals
- Knowledge and understanding of Regulation
- High level proficiency in written and spoken English, including a confident telephone manner
- Good team spirit with flexibility and passion to achieve quality, continually develop and improve efficiency.